Special Announcement Regarding Reopening
Rev. Dr. Peter Allen
The Hingham Congregational Church is an Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ. Our welcome covenant and other important information about who we are can be found here. We hope that this website will be helpful, but please do reach out here if you have questions. Please join us for worship on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am. We have gone through an extensive renovation of our facilities, improved access, replaced outdated infrastructure, and updated our social spaces and classrooms. It’s wonderful to be back in and have the full use of the facilities. We have an active religious education program for people of all ages. Information about our church school for children can be found here. Hingham Congregational is a theologically progressive, solidly Christian church that takes the Bible seriously, but not literally. We work hard to create a warm, mutually supportive atmosphere where questions are encouraged, spiritual growth is our primary concern, and serving others is a high priority. We’d love for you to be part of our community!
WORSHIP SERVICES ARE COMING BACK!
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW
August 19, 2020
With great joy, the Back-to the Building Task Force is excited to announce HCC is offering 6 outdoor, in-person worship services in August. There will be one service on August 23, 30 and September 6 at 9:00 am, weather permitting. Because our property is small and we want to keep everyone safe, we have to limit the number of attendees at each service. Please find instructions to sign-up to attend and safety protocols listed below. All protocols were formulated in accordance with UCC and CDC guidelines.
Please be assured that the outdoor worship services will not replace our on-line presence. If you are not able to join in-person you will be able to join virtually on the HCC Youtube channel – Hingham Congregational Church Hingham MA (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwvLqzvjbXllo7SErFpyLdg) , just as we have been doing for the last several months.
We are excited to offer an additional worship option. Starting August 16th, we will transmit the service on FM radio for anyone who would like to be in close proximity to the worship service, but in the safety of their own car. You can park on Main Street or anywhere in the neighborhood, and pick up the signal. We will post the frequency on the website, (www.HCCUCC.com) closer to the date of the services and provide the information in our weekly newsletter.
Given the size of our property, we can accommodate 18 households per service. A household is defined as those living together in one home, or have created a family “bubble”. Some households are made up of 1 person, some 2, some more.
We will begin taking reservations on Monday, August 17 th at 9:00 a.m. To make a reservation please call or email Susanne in the church office, 781-749-1276, or email@example.com. Your reservation will not be confirmed until you hear from Susanne, as it will be first come, first served.
For the safety of all members of our HCC family, please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Reservations will be required, and we will need your contact information.
2. If you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in close contact with anyone testing positive, please do not attend the service.
3. There will be no parking in the lot. Handicapped parking will be on Pleasant Street on each side of the driveway to the HCC lot.
4. Entrance to the outdoor sanctuary will be from the driveway to the parking lot ONLY. (Not from Main Street). This will be our outdoor Narthex where the Deacons will greet you and direct you to your spaces.
5. Masks will be required for attending service.
6. Please keep at least 6 feet from other households at all times, including while waiting to enter, exit, and while seated in your designated spaces.
7. Please bring your own chairs or blankets and anything else to make you comfortable while sitting outside. (Sunscreen, hat, a bottle of water).
8. These will be paperless services. The bulletin will be emailed to you ahead of the service. You can print it out and bring it, or read it on your personal device. No Bibles or hymnals will be provided.
9. There will be a no-contact giving opportunity for collecting donations.
10. Bathrooms will be available for emergency use only.
11. There will be no coffee hour or assembling on the church property once the service is over. There will be a virtual coffee hour via Zoom. Check This week at HCC for the link.
The Back to the Building Task Force is aware that many are excited for in-person worship and we are too. We are monitoring the conditions carefully. At the moment all indicators point to the fact that, come September, we will be able to get back inside our building for in-person worship. Please be aware that our plans may change at any time, dependent on recommendations from the CDC. We will keep you posted. If you would like to share any feedback with us, please click below.
The Back to the Building Task Force:
Cory Noordzij, Kathi Blair, Tim Redmond, Ray Childs, Mike Whitner, Paul Jeffrey, Kris Shorey, Tracy Allen, Stod Rowley, Pete Allen, Sara Holland, David Giessow, Lynn Mayo.
To leave feedback to the Task Force here
We are an Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ. It is with the spirit and the love of God that we openly welcome all persons, inclusive of every race, ethnicity, class, age, gender, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression and inclusive of any others, to journey with us as we move forward with the work of this church in the world.
Sunday October 18, 2020 10:00am
10:00 am Virtual Fellowship Time via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 766 2077 7565 Password: HCC
Annual Stewardship Pledging
— The pledge is our yearly commitment by each member of our church community to support the church by donating a prayerfully-discerned portion of our annual income. Pledging is the basic building block of financial stewardship at HCC.
Stay connected and get involved.
See what’s happening in This Week at HCC, learn more in Horizons, and check dates and times on the Church Calendar.
Hingham Congregational Church, UCC, reaches out with faith and love to our neighbors in need in the local community and throughout the world.
Through “hands on” projects, special collections, allocation of monetary gifts and partnerships with a range of service organizations, we contribute food, shelter, financial assistance and social support to a wide array of groups and individuals.
Sunday 10:00am, followed by coffee hour
Tuesday Evening 7:00pm
Thursday Morning 9:00am
On hiatus for the Summer
Hope to reopen in September