Guild Consignment Center
October 3, 2017
Consignment Center website HERE
The Consignment Center was established in 1956 by the Women’s Guild of the Hingham Congregational Church as an initiative to provide quality, affordable clothing and household goods to families in Hingham and surrounding communities.
Following a philosophy of shared resources , Biblical stewardship, and fiscal responsibility, it has perpetuated the practice of conservation and social conscience. Revenues raised by consignment sales and donated merchandise are used to meet the ongoing and intermittent needs of local charities, such as :
- Providing monthly meals to Pine Street Inn
- Employment wardrobes for Interfaith Social Services, Career Closet
- Annual travel expenses of Youth Work Camp
- Linens and casual clothing for local shelters
- Recreation and craft materials for elder rehabilitation
- Emergency assistance for families in need
The Consignment Center is open
Tuesdays 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.*
Wednesday 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Thursdays 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.*
Saturdays 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
*Clean, gently used items can be brought to the Center on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Men’s, women’s and children’s clothing
- Shoes, hats, purses, accessories
- Infant and toddler care items
- Household linens
- Totes and luggage
- Sheets, towels, blankets
- Games, puzzles
- Art & craft supplies
- Holiday decorations
We accept merchandise either on a consignment basis or as a donation. Guild Consignment Center Form
Located in the lower level of the Hingham Congregational Church, Guild Consignment Center is operated as a non-profit outreach project of the Hingham Congregational Church and is staffed by volunteers. Handicap parking by the door.